Let’s learn about the advantages in this part.’ with ‘Let’s learn about the advantages in this lesson, where we shall be talking about the advantages of switching to a digital tracking system. We learned about what a good digital tracking system would help in the previous part. Let’s learn about the advantages in this part.
Browse this lesson to learn more about scheduling tools and how to use them well. Don’t forget to take the accompanying quiz at the end of the lesson.
If these are the five features of a good scheduling tool, then let’s see how a digital scheduling tool can help us in such a case.
1. With a digital scheduling device, you can easily record all tasks that you must perform in a period, say, today.
2. Moving tasks up or down your schedule is a simple drag and drop action. No messy re-numbering and task reclassification needed, as in a to-do list.
3. Digital calendars allow users to schedule project-related tasks efficiently, by specifying the start and end times, and the location of an event. Other details that can be captured include the names of the individuals involved and their contact information. With a digital calendar, a user can write down every relevant detail in an organized, easy-to-read manner to make sure they don’t miss anything. Also, setting up recurring meetings or appointments for a year is a breeze with a digital scheduling system.
4. Not only that, but digital scheduling devices provide alarms and invites.
5. But the main attribute that makes the digital tools so powerful over the paper medium is the fact that it is always with you, and how easily that’s possible. Nowadays, many people always carry their laptops and mobile devices on them.
6. And you can share your calendar/schedule with others too. If you tried that with a physical diary, you’d have to take pictures of your schedule page and circulate it using your phone. Not very intuitive or dynamic, is it?
A digital scheduling device, as you can see, is a far better option than a paper diary or planner?
So, adopt a digital scheduling tool today. Make life easier for yourself.
There a quite a few task scheduling tools that we like.
• Outlook Scheduling Assistant
• Google Calendar
• Digical etc.
come well recommended. Feel free to use the one that you are most comfortable with.
There’s simply no way a diary/planner can compete with an online calendar when it comes to schedule management. Online scheduling tools are the superior alternative, given that they:
• help you stay on track easier
• help you prioritize and re-prioritize tasks quicker
• have efficient alarms and alert systems to avoid getting stuck on a task
• and finally, that they’re so easy to carry around no matter where you go
…things that any good scheduling system should have in it
It’s time now to consider how to use digital tools to maximize the digital advantage.