How to Spot a Lie (Clues to Look For)
Is your Client being Truthful? Here are Clues for you to follow.
Disclaimer (And it’s not in fine print). This is not an exact science. Use it only to choose whether to investigate further or not.
- Lying is said to increase flow of blood to the facial region and it said to cause itching
- Look for these signs to probe further. An increase in the blood supply to the nasal region
- An increase in blood supply to the ear lobes
- An increase in blood supply to the area around the eyes
- An increase in blood supply to the head
- Also gestures like turning away; ‘closing up’
- Speaking without Blinking
- Words and emotions tell a story too; overly detailed answers to simple questions
- Being more deliberate. For instance Isn’t, didn’t, won’t, shouldn’t become Is not, did not, will not, should not
- Visible relaxation when the topic is changes
- Delay in-between the words and the emotions
These are merely cues. Use them only to choose whether to investigate further or not. Don’t base your judgements on these.